What an Amazing Route
The Icefields Parkway in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains is one of the most breathtaking long-distance roads in the world. Located between Jasper and Lake Louise, it boasts outstanding scenic beauty. The drive from Jasper presents a never-ending array of snow-capped peaks, monumental glaciers and vast riverbeds. Dense forests cling to barren rock faces, while larch trees peep out from between dark spruce. A sight so beautiful that you can hardly tear yourself away from it.
Breathtaking Views in the Canadian Rockies
Here the view opens up into a new side valley, there another three-thousand-metre peak rises into the sky from the imposing mountain range. The 232-kilometre Icefields Parkway in the heart of the Canadian Rockies isn’t known as one of the most spectacular long-distance roads in the world for nothing. The picturesque backdrops are strung together like pearls – or rather gems – on a string: the crystal-clear Athabasca Waterfalls are followed by the long Peyto Lake, whose intense turquoise blue won’t need any digital editing! The emerald-green surface of Moraine Lake, framed by the Ten Peaks, will make your eyes sparkle.
Staying in Banff
Even thought the fresh mountain air makes you sleepy, no one goes to bed early here. The adventurous people in this town of 8,000 are young, international, and love to party. Even on weekdays, the Rose & Crown serves local craft beer to live music, and the Magpie & Stump serves dangerously good margaritas. You could almost imagine you were in a cool neighbourhood somewhere in Vancouver or Calgary. Only the shop displays remind you that you’re in the middle of nowhere: Alongside the hip brand-name clothing, you’ll find spray protection against bears as a matter of course. The Rockies are so beautiful!
- Header - Photo by Feng Wei Photography on GettyImages
- Paragraph 1 - Photos owned by Edelweiss
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by Lester Lefkowitz on GettyImages
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Annegret Kammer on Unsplash
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Accolade Creative on Unsplash
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Accolade Creative on Unsplash
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Annegret Kammer on Unsplash
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Cameron Gibson on Unsplash
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Onfokus on GettyImages
- Paragraph 5 - Photos owned by Edelweiss
- Paragraph 6 - Photo owned by Edelweiss
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Sri Gowda on Unsplash
- Paragraph 7 - Photo by Louis Paulin on Unsplash
- Paragraph 7 - Photo by Brittany Jayne on Unsplash