Fabulous from the Beginning
Emblazoned with ‘Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas’ and surrounded by lights and a red star, this design classic is a must-have photo for everyone! After all, this sign recounts the early beginnings of the entertainment city, long before it had sky scrapers. It has been beckoning motorists on Las Vegas Boulevard since 1959. Today you’ll find parking facilities for selfie enthusiasts, and miniature versions of the sign are among the most popular souvenir items.
Colourful High-flying Spectacle
Casinos, magic shows, and much more – Las Vegas is one huge amusement park. Of course, an observation wheel is an absolute must: With its 167 metres, the High Roller at The LINQ Hotel + Experience on the Strip is the second highest observation wheel in the world. Even from below it is a magical sight, with over 2,000 LED lights in a multitude of colours. A ride on this spectacular wheel takes approximately 30 minutes. The hustle and bustle on the streets, the famous hotel towers, and the surrounding mountains of Nevada – enjoy all of this at your leisure, with a drink in your hand, from one of the comfortable cabins.
Driven to the Extreme
Ready for another world record? The STRAT Tower, with its 350 metres, is the highest free-standing observation tower in the world. The white structure belongs to the STRAT Hotel, Casino & Tower, and its upper floors are peppered with attractions, including a restaurant that turns its guests’ heads: The Top of the World rotates once around on its own axis within an hour, presenting dazzling Las Vegas from all sides. The floors above hide half an amusement park! If this isn’t enough adrenaline for you, you can catapult yourself up the tower mast on the Big Shot, simulate a free fall in the X-Scream, ride the Insanity over the abyss, or dare to bungee jump.
- Header - Photo by Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by carolo7 on Getty Images
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Sean Pavone on Getty Images
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Alive and Clikin Photography on Getty Images
- Paragraph 3 - Photos from MGM Resorts International
- Paragraph 4 - Photos from Caesars Entertainment
- Paragraph 5 - Photos from Caesars Entertainment
- Paragraph 5 - Photos by Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by imageBROKER on Alamy